Pause the race, this rat needs to smell the flowers...
I hate rats....absolutely detest, loathe and abhor them...some say it is an irrational fear that I harbor (refer upcoming blog on an incident from my kiddy days), but I dont really care. The point is that I hate them. However, I sure as heck feel like a rat in a rat race these days...I refer with a despondent shake of my head to 'the amazing race' that life seems to perpetually be....and how rat-like we all have become...what's with us anyway? My recent past has been super busy the last couple of years with few moments to spare, and now that I AM free, I feel restless, anxious to "get on" with it...I feel that I should be stepping on the next stepping-stone, aiming for the next target, reaching towards the next goal, etc, etc, etc...how did we become such expert rats racing away towards that unknown, unseen finish line...that pot of gold at the end of the road (rainbow?)....running, running...always running...pausing but briefly to catch our breath and a quick sip of Gatorade or Glucon-C/D ....then running, running again...all of us, rats (ugly repuslive creatures)...running the rat race...
I'm tired of being a RAT, I tell you. And that's why I have decided to stop running the race for a moment. There are things in life to be done, methinks. Like watching a sunset, walking a dog, climbing a mountain, reading a good book and then THINKING about it...and smelling the flowers....yes, smelling the beautiful roses, and jasmine, and daisies, and rajanigandha...smelling the flowers (I'm a BIG fan of flowers, BTW) and taking a moment from our oh-so-busy schedules to revel in that which is bigger and more powerful and more inexplicable than all of us rats put together...
1 comment:
It most probably cud be nice sweet friends like ME:-d u are missing out on..But hey keep the thoughts coming!!
Post a Comment