I believe it now. That those moments of sheer joy are the ones that utlimately define life. Sometime ago someone tried to convince me that there is ultimately no one thing that is magical about life. No one monumental thing will change it, or transform it, or be the cause of happiness or joy. We can wait and wait for that "big" moment to change things, to make things "better" or to open our eyes and minds. We will likely wait for ever. Or a really really long time at least. In the mean time, the years will roll by, and things will pass. Life actually, is simply the sum total of a million little things that happen or you make happen along the way. The sum total of little things. Little things. Like dancing with my baby. He runs to the music system and switches it on. He knows which button will turn on the channel he loves. The channel that plays the liveliest, most upbeat music. The songs that make you want to move to the beat. And then he starts to dance. Jumps up and down and does his version of snapping his fingers. Swirls around and squeals in delight. And then he looks at me with sheer and complete joy in his eyes. The biggest of grins spread across his face. And I have no choice but to join him. To dance with him. And I feel the incredible joy that makes my heart soar. And I never want the moment to end...
No comments:
Post a Comment