Thursday, March 31, 2011

My boy

He is the child who looks out for his friends.  As his teacher, she has seen him do that many times.  In fact, he is the only child in the class who does that.  When any of the kids in the class is crying, he will run upto them and give them a hug, or take a tissue for them to wipe their tears.  When a parent is dropping off their child, and the child begins to cry, he will stand by and wait tentatively.  When the parent leaves, he will give the child a big hug.  And a tissue to wipe their tears.  He is the only child that does that.

I have not seen this happen, because I'm not there when it does.  But I am so, so grateful to Agata for telling me this.

And when she did, I could not stop my own tears...if this is not pure innocence, then what is?  If this is not sensitivity, and humanity, and empathy in its most raw, pure and selfless form, then what is?

Teary-eyed as I am when I write this, my heart is swelling with joy and pride and something else that I cannot quite describe.

6 comments:

Space and Clarity said...

wow .... your son, I presume ... beautiful

Mystic said...

Yes, @Space, it is! Thanks for reading!

Ranjana said...

Awww!! :) How sweet. I can't wait to be his friend. :)

Mystic said...

@Ranjuuuu!!! Thanks!!!

Chatter Box said...

So amazing. I am so glad teachers let you know! A hug for you from here!

Mystic said...

@chatterbox - thank you I say!
Hug back!