Wednesday, April 20, 2011

To Jude

Been a completely stressful day.  Cannot believe how tired I am.  Times like these, I wish I could just walk away by myself somewhere and sit down for a few minutes and do nothing.  Not think, not feel, nothing.  Just let my body and mind rest.  But for now, that feels like a luxury I cannot hope for.  For now, I have to plough on.

In the midst of it all, her gentleness feels like a soothing balm on my raw wounds.  Jude.  My yoga teacher.  She's awesome.  Her smile, her voice, instantly begin to calm me down from the second I step into the class.  I wonder at her.  At her life.  She's given up a lot to pursue yoga.  How does one do something like that.  How do you give up the rest of your life to choose this path?  I am so far from doing something like that, but I really have to wonder.  Looking at her, her sense of peace, her grace, her calmness, and I think maybe there is something to stopping, taking a really really deep breath - the Ujjayi kind, and assessing what you really want from this life.  What is important amidst the myriad priorities on your plate.  Is not peace of mind at the top?  Should it not be?  Then, should you not pursue that which will get you there...I wonder.  Especially on days like today, when exhaustion is threatening to snatch my sanity away.

Hoping for a good night's sleep.  Tomorrow is a whole new day.

No comments: