Tuesday, July 12, 2011

He's a growing boy, it seems

I had a big time problem when they said N had 'graduated' from being an infant to a toddler around his first birthday.  Ok, yes, that's me, so please stop laughing.  My baby, the sweet infant with all his baby innocence, now a toddler?  Ok, whatever.  I had just about come to terms with that.  With his toddler-hood came the terrible two's and every other delightful thing we as parents could possibly come across (oh and by the way, the sleepless nights didn't stop).  I was kind of still grappling with 'toddler' and now they tell me that he's no longer one.  He's supposedly a 'pre-schooler' now!  What!!  School? Pre-school? My N?

Where has the time gone?  And have I captured enough of those memories?  As I look at some of his baby pictures, with the layers of baby fat around his sweet face that have now disappeared to make way for more handsome defined 'pre-schooler' features, and as I fold and store away yet another piece of clothing because it does not fit him anymore, a little fraction of my heart is broken...again.

No comments: