Sunday, July 17, 2011

One of those days

It's been one of those days when...

- am so thankful for friends.  Met so many of them over the last 2 weeks, and especially this weekend.  Watching N interact with the kids, just hanging out in J & R's backyard, going to the park, and the city...realized how all these people make life a whole lot better.

- am in amazement at how much N is chattering away, and the words he is learning and the things he comes up with when we least expect them!  It's hilarious but also a strong indication that we have to absolutely watch what we say when he's around.  Because he's listening and imitating all the time.  Gosh!

- still smile when I think of N's highlight of the weekend.  Had gone for pizza after the playground on Sat, and who should turn up for their dinner but 2 cops.  N's jaw dropped open as soon as he saw them (they had of course just got out of their cop car and were fully uniformed, complete with weapons and all) and he couldn't stop staring.  So I took him and walked over to their table and told them he wanted to say Hi.  They were most friendly, and shook his hand and talked to him and asked him what he was going to eat, etc.  He was so in awe. :-)  We came back to our table, and I could see the absolute thrill on his face.  :-))

- P took N to the park this evening, and I had some time to myself.  Decided to cook up a storm, and I did.  I am far from the domestic type (although I'm a stickler for cleanliness - I cannot stand dirt or messes, my kitchen and bathrooms have to be clean always, and clutter equals stress - yes, maybe that's borderline OCD, don't care what they call it!) yet I don't dislike cooking, but I don't like to do it everyday and I certainly don't like to do it for long periods.  But today, I just went on and on.  It was almost therapeutic.  Now there's enough food for a whole week. :-)

- feel like taking a vacation...where I don't do anything much....just sleep to my heart's content, maybe :-)

- was telling someone today how N's surgery and the last three weeks brought the best and the worst out in us as parents, and how the love-for-your-child thing got multiplied by a factor of a million or so through the whole thing....it's true. :-)

- am thankful for this space here.  Even though the dramatics threatens to go out of control at times (hee hee), its still something I enjoy doing...so, if you read this, thanks for reading!

No comments: