Saturday, November 26, 2011

Back to reading with a frenzy.  Woke up this morning with a feeling of excitement.  G will be here soon.  P and N have left for a boys' day out.  Hope that doesn't mean they return with a bunch of electronic stuff what with the whole Black Friday weekend thing going on.  I reflect on what it is that motivates one to become better at something.  That hunger that is so human.  The hunger for more, not to be satisfied with the current milestone, or resting on the current laurel.  Good and bad, of course.  But channeled right, no doubt the lever which will separate the men from the boys.  The achievers from the onlookers.  Do I wish that for my child?  That's a tough one.  Yes, and no, depending on the perspective you want to take.  For now though, I'd go with a yes.  More on this soon...

2 comments:

Chatter Box said...

Whatchya reading? You can also be hungry to watch or you can be hungry to do;-) So I hope whatever be the right one for Kiddo N, is the one he is hungry for!

Mystic said...

Currently reading "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan. Great book. Will provide a review here once I'm done.