I'm realizing that all N needs to entertain himself are a few stones, a couple of sticks, some mud, a pail of water and some dried leaves. He occupied himself with some imagined project with these items for about an hour today, giving a constant running commentary on what he was doing, while I sat on a chair nearby and day dreamed. Makes me wonder why I bother buying him expensive toys. Sticks and stones seem to do the job just fine. Guess millions of children around the world who don't have toys entertain themselves in just that way...
Wonder what it would take if we were to simplify our adult world cluttered with so much paraphernalia in the same way? Simplify? Yes, I would love to do it...but where do I start?
Wonder what it would take if we were to simplify our adult world cluttered with so much paraphernalia in the same way? Simplify? Yes, I would love to do it...but where do I start?
1 comment:
Completely agree. Look back at our childhood. I personally enjoyed creating vs using. Building castles from sand. Converting leftovers from our notebooks into prescription books used to play Dr Dr! So go on and take him out more or just give him waste that he can play with:-)
Post a Comment