Sunday, February 05, 2012

inspiration

I'm trying to do a lot of reading up on yoga these days, and in the course of browsing around, I came across an article about the controversy of using yoga as a guise to showcase the female body to sell stuff.  Links from there eventually led me to this video and a related article on the model in the video -  Briohny Smyth.  Well, this post is not about the topic of using nakedness or sex to advertise something.  In general, I have a somewhat complicated opinion about that.  It's complicated because the fact of the matter is that a beautiful human body when revealed is just eye-catching.  I have a problem with using a naked woman to sell car tires.  It is just too ridiculously blatant.  However, if you are selling underwear, then why would you not choose a beautiful person to model that underwear for you?  Anyway, that topic, like I said is probably deserving of a whole other blog post.  Coming back to this video - this model here is being used to advertise Equinox underwear.  That's what she is wearing.  And only that.  But what is totally and completely riveting about the clip is what she is doing to model the garments.  She is supposedly some yoga expert, and boy, is that true.  I was speechless as I watched what she does here.  Take a look.  The fact that she has a near perfect body, and the underwear she is modelling is of course pretty cool too is plain secondary. What jumps out are the sheer strength, grace, and perfection of the yoga poses she is performing here.  Just look at her arm strength and balance.  What I would not give to be able to do what she does here.  Wonder how many hours and years of practice were required to reach this level of achievement and strength.  Amazing.  The awesome NYC apartment and NYC views add a fantastic backdrop to the visual.  Three minutes of pure inspiration.



No comments: