Here are a few of the many many pictures we took to attempt to capture the beautiful city as we explored it. As I type this, one scene materializes itself vividly in my memory. I will never forget this scene for as long as I live - walking around in the city of Bath - unbelievably beautiful buildings soaring above us on all sides - walking on cobbled streets, and suddenly we are in a town square of sorts - there are benches surrounding the square on which people are sitting, relaxing, drinking coffee, soaking in the afternoon sun. People are strolling around, children are playing, dogs are sitting obediently by their owners' side. And in the middle of the square stands a musician - playing his guitar and singing in a loud, clear voice. And the music fills the town square. The song is melodious. The music is blissful. The singer's guitar case is open in front of him to gather what the audience and passers-by will put in there. But it is so obvious that he is singing not for the money. I take in the entire scene. It is civilization behaving at its very best. The ancient city. The beautiful weather. The relaxed people. The playing children. The awesome music. My heart soars. I am happy.
![]() |
| London Eye |
![]() |
| Big Ben from Trafalgar Square |
![]() |
| Windsor Castle |
![]() |
| View of the Financial District from Greenwich |
![]() |
| Windsor |
![]() |
| The musician in Bath |
![]() |
| The ancient Roman bath house |
![]() |
| I am transported to another time, another place.. |
![]() |
| View of the city of Bath |
![]() |
| Stonehenge |
![]() |
| London Bridge |
![]() |
| . |
| Countless bus rides |
| Adorable booths all over the city |
| Where we began the river cruise |
| The Egg |
| London by Night |
| Camden Locks |
| At Trafalgar |
| Walking up the hill to enter Windsor Castle |
| Could imagine some "royal" folks strolling in this garden a thousand years ago |
| Lone guard |
| Couldnt get enough of the superb architecture |












No comments:
Post a Comment