Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The White Stuff

Woke up this morning to see a layer of white on everything outside.  Best part if we didn't expect it.  First snow of the season.  There's a good 2 inches now, so its the real thing.  N jumped out of bed when he heard of it.  And then he put on all his gear and went outside to make "footprints in the snow".  I still see them outside the door.  Tiny prints, running around in circles.  Excitement and enthusiasm.  That's what he experienced.  Peace and a sense of calm.  That's what I am feeling.  Somehow a winter and no snow don't seem to go together anymore.  At least now, we have the real stuff.  Especially when I see the neighbor's kids making snowballs and throwing them at each other just now.  The innocence and joy of childhood.  Its what makes this world a better place.  Really.

No comments: