N now officially has shop-o-phobia. P claims it comes from him. I believe that. Until recently, the little child used to willingly come anywhere. Any outing offered an opportunity for entertainment. Adventure even. Until now. And it makes me sad. In any case, when I announced we were going to Kohls, I get a tantrum in return.
Me: C'mon N, put on your shoes. We're going to Kohls.
N: I don't wanna go to Kohls!!
Me: Please N, hurry up. We have to go. I'm going to buy you new shoes.
N: I don't want new shoes.
Me: Ok, then I wont buy them. But we're going now, so HURRY Up!!!
N: I'm not coming. You go by yourself.
Me: What are you going to do then?
N: I'll stay at home and play with my cars
Me: But you cant stay by yourself.
N: Why?
Me: Because its not safe.
N: Why?
Me: Because you're a kid, and kids need adults to stay with them?
N: Why?
Me: Because that's how everyone does it.
N: Why?
Me: Because I said so. Now, are you going to get ready or not?
N: No Mamma, I can be here by myself.
Me: No you cant. I just told you, you wont be safe by yourself.
N: No Mamma. I will be. If I'm not safe, I'll call 9-1-1. (Triumphant grin)
Me: C'mon N, put on your shoes. We're going to Kohls.
N: I don't wanna go to Kohls!!
Me: Please N, hurry up. We have to go. I'm going to buy you new shoes.
N: I don't want new shoes.
Me: Ok, then I wont buy them. But we're going now, so HURRY Up!!!
N: I'm not coming. You go by yourself.
Me: What are you going to do then?
N: I'll stay at home and play with my cars
Me: But you cant stay by yourself.
N: Why?
Me: Because its not safe.
N: Why?
Me: Because you're a kid, and kids need adults to stay with them?
N: Why?
Me: Because that's how everyone does it.
N: Why?
Me: Because I said so. Now, are you going to get ready or not?
N: No Mamma, I can be here by myself.
Me: No you cant. I just told you, you wont be safe by yourself.
N: No Mamma. I will be. If I'm not safe, I'll call 9-1-1. (Triumphant grin)
No comments:
Post a Comment