Sunday, August 04, 2013

Robots and Empire

~Isaac Asimov


Needed a dose of fiction and the book from Asimov's Robot series stood out as an immediate choice from among others at the book sale.  One long trans-Atlantic flight later, I had read the sequel to the Robots of Dawn in Asimov's series.  This is the kind of stuff that breezy friction reading should be about.  Yes, I'm a fan of science fiction in general, and would pick this genre over others in a heart beat, but Asimov is especially skilled in making his stuff easy to read and entertaining at the same time.

And so it was that I spent a couple of hours reading about Daneel and Giskard, and their super-human (errr, super-robot) powers, etc. etc.  Fantasy notwithstanding, it takes a certain imagination to make this kind of uber-futuristic view fairly imaginable for the reader.  Good stuff.

No comments: