This has been such a long time coming, that I've lost count of the number of times I resolved to get back to this poor blog, and then never did it. The few times I ventured as far as putting the proverbial pen down to paper, my overly critical self took over as usual and was not happy with the format and structure of the old blog. Myriad times, I dabbled with deleting this spot in the ether-world and starting a brand new blurb somewhere else. Then the sheer enormity of doing so made me hit the cancel button very quickly. Myriad times, I returned to this tired, ignored blog and sat down to make changes. Then sheer laziness took over and I quickly gave up. The argument was who reads this anyway? And aren't there twenty seven things waiting in my to-do list, and that too from yesterday? This was so not a priority.
And so on, and on. Until I realized one day that it's actually been 4 years since I even bothered writing anything. Four entire revolutions performed by the planet around it's life giving sun, and I could not even find one post in me. Shameful. However, I forgive myself. As this in itself is one of the new themes for this new year.
And I'm back, as you can see. The question was - what do I do with this thing? Do I delete all the old randomness and keep only what looks good to the average discerning reader? Do I scrap and re-invent? Or do I keep everything, as it's a window into my mind from time to time even though most of it totally verges on randomness? How much time and energy do I invest? Is the damn thing even worth it?
Well, after much thought, and some futile attempts at complete re-invention, I landed on keeping all of the old, and adding a touch, no - a splash of new. Some general de-cluttering, a lot of organizing, some visuals that speak to me, and freshly renewed resolve to ignore this space no more. And there you have it - the same old space, with a whole new beginning. Happy new year!
And so on, and on. Until I realized one day that it's actually been 4 years since I even bothered writing anything. Four entire revolutions performed by the planet around it's life giving sun, and I could not even find one post in me. Shameful. However, I forgive myself. As this in itself is one of the new themes for this new year.
And I'm back, as you can see. The question was - what do I do with this thing? Do I delete all the old randomness and keep only what looks good to the average discerning reader? Do I scrap and re-invent? Or do I keep everything, as it's a window into my mind from time to time even though most of it totally verges on randomness? How much time and energy do I invest? Is the damn thing even worth it?
Well, after much thought, and some futile attempts at complete re-invention, I landed on keeping all of the old, and adding a touch, no - a splash of new. Some general de-cluttering, a lot of organizing, some visuals that speak to me, and freshly renewed resolve to ignore this space no more. And there you have it - the same old space, with a whole new beginning. Happy new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment