This Blogging bit boggles the brain. The question I am grappling with currently is why it is so difficult to keep this up. At this point, I do a quick re-cap:
Rate at which I start to write a blog: once in 3 months
Rate at which I complete writing a blog: once in 4 months (ha! now you calculate how this is possible!)
Rate at which I remember that I have a blog: Once in a blue moon
:(((((((((
Sad....really and truly sad. My claim to be a part-time writer, my so-called passion for the written word, the dictum I stand by that the pen is mightier than the sword....all blown to pieces by hard evidence of how I maintain my Blog site.
I remember the enthu with which I started this. For days, I thought of the Blog title. For weeks I worked on the page format. For months I worked on my opening statements. Then something got in the way. It was called Life. Yes, and it included this and that, and that and this, and my poor blog site got pushed to the back of my brain, and to the back of my browser cache.
I struggle to make sense of this apparent contradiction. On the one hand, I love to write. I know this for a true-blue fact. I am particularly good with the creative word and how to express thoughts in my mind on paper, or on the keyboard. I have access to my computer, I have thoughts (never-ending, I might add), and writing lets me release positive energy. And yet, this poor blog site is called upon once in a blue moon.
Which brings me back to the concept of Blogging. Is it a fad that is then on it's way out? Is it a platform for personal expression, or a link to be sent for circulation? Is it a way to let the world know that you can write, or is it a means to make a statement on anything and everything? Am I already bored with this blogging bit?
Upon reflection, the answer to that is "no". I am not done here yet. I feel very much like quoting Robert Frost who said famously, "I have miles to go before I sleep, I have miles to go before I sleep". I guess I have many more thoughts, experiences, perceptions and opinions to ink. It might be intermittent, it might be once in a blue moon, but guess what, the blog belongs to me! Which means I can do with it as I please.
Upon further reflection, I realize that this is exactly what happens to me everytime (which is once in a blue moon) that I log in to my blog site. I see the depressingly short list of blogs, and I am energized out of my writing inertia to add another blog. Then I'm gone for weeks...what is this mystery then (is it writer's block? Ha! Fat chance)...?
Until I figure that out, I ask whoever is gracious enough to visit this blog site to put up with this beleagured blogger who has bungled this boggling blogging bit....for the moment. And many thanks! :)
1 comment:
hey greesh good going. Good to see you finally update this space. Anyways there is this whole tag thing going around and U re the chosen one! So pliss to visit my blog and figure the game!
Post a Comment