Monday, December 13, 2010

A little perspective

And then there is perspective.  You think you are having a tough day, a really tough week, and something happens to that one person that puts a completely new spin on the words "Bad Luck".  Added to that, its outright galling how people behave towards other human beings.  Its unbelievable how somethings happen where you least expect them to happen, and its even more unbelievable how they turn out to happen.  And there is a squeeze around the heart, and a churning of the stomach when you hear the details.  And suddenly all your stress has completely paled in comparison.  A little perspective is always a good thing, at the unfortunate cost of someone else.

Really wish this world was a better place.

2 comments:

Chatter Box said...

:-) Sometimes nice surprises also come your way. One day I was having a rough day. Was driving home and I stopped and let a pedestrian pass by. The smile was priceless and I knew I had made his day since he never expected it. Mine was made since I never realized how soothing a smile on a bad day can be!

Mystic said...

Of course...life is totally a mixed bag...but its episodes like this that are enough to make you lose faith.