Saturday, March 26, 2011

JM

Not taking the news that he's leaving at all well.  Sucks.  Super sucks, actually.  But this, is exactly how life is.  Unexpected and full of change.  Especially the changes that you don't want.  Ever want.  Sigh.

JM - the best thing that ever happened to me in COF.  Best thing for my career, my team, my role.  Unbelievable guy.  He's 2 years older than I am, and he's VP of Stats and DAs for all of Card.  And I know how long it takes for an average person to get to VP in Card.  The other VP's are at least ten years older than he is, if not more.  Super achiever.  But that's not why I think he's unbelievable.  He's the best people manager, leader, visionary, transformer that I have ever come across.  He oozes authenticity, and confidence.  He's the best boss one could have (well for me, boss's boss's boss).  The past three years on the team have been incredible.  At times, its been tolerable because of him.  And not just for me. 

And now he's onto his next super-star opportunity.  After twelve years at COF.  That's a third of his life.  I wish him only the very very best.  Maybe someday I will get to work for him again.  When I went to his office to say goodbye, he alluded to that.  Its a small world, he said.  Easy enough to bump into each other sometime, somewhere.  I hope that happens.  I know I will miss him.

JM, thanks (no, really) for everything.

No comments: