Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Of mentors and whizzing time

Its just amazing when I stop to think about it - how time just flies by.  Whizzes by.  I have a mentor at work.  He's a very senior guy and someone I respected from the first day that I met him.  The way he applies himself at work, manages a team, creates value, and develops relationships with people on the team is just inspiring.  I want to learn from him.  And also just use him as a sounding board for ideas and thoughts on the progress I want to make in my career.  So, I asked him to be a mentor.  He readily agreed.  He is currently mentoring some ten or so folks across various teams.  Obviously a sought after person.  I am glad that he's making the time to talk to me.  Every three weeks.  After each conversation, I leave feeling energized, and more engaged in the investment that is my career.  Each time I meet him, I realize another three weeks has just flown by.  Again.  Just incredible. 

Thanks GP for your time.

1 comment:

Chatter Box said...

Cool. Happy for you!