Decided to bring back the old music to my life today. Decided to train my voice again to remember how it used to perform. When I think of the years invested in formal training, the hours of riyaaz, the sense of achievement, but more than anything else, the peace of listening to myself, the joy of singing for others and noting with satisfaction their appreciation....suddenly feel the need to get back to that. I remember my father's words...he always said, and still does..."your voice is a gift from God. Make the most of it"...:-)
Anyway, switched on the shruti instrument, and as I listened to the strains of Sa-Pa-Sa....my respect for this music began to take hold once more. And when I let my voice find the same notes, the connection was instant.
Dug up all my old lesson books. Voice is rusty from ages of no practice. Will take some work to open it up and get back in shape. Am not beyond getting that done. Not yet, anyway.
Anyway, switched on the shruti instrument, and as I listened to the strains of Sa-Pa-Sa....my respect for this music began to take hold once more. And when I let my voice find the same notes, the connection was instant.
Dug up all my old lesson books. Voice is rusty from ages of no practice. Will take some work to open it up and get back in shape. Am not beyond getting that done. Not yet, anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment