Disgusted at the delay/uncertainty/anxiety being created by the GOP throwing a wrench into the work being done to raise the US debt ceiling. If this thing fails, God knows what is going to happen to the world economy. As precarious as the economic eco-system is right now, it is going to spell nothing but disaster if those idiots don't realize it and stop acting like idiots for once. The sheer idiocy of the whole thing amazes me. Was discussing this with P today and I said how its possible for educated and rational people to be making the kind of argument they (the republicans) are making. P pointed out that the most obstinate ones among them aren't. Educated and rational, that is. And that is quite possibly the problem here. They seem to be taking pleasure in holding the country (and in turn the world) hostage to their version of how the economics should work. Crazy.
In general, I had a rule that this space was for personal opinions/thoughts and that I would not be making political (or not) statements, etc etc. But this time, I cannot help myself. Right-wing nut-jobism is morphing into something more terrible/terrifying. Hoping sanity prevails somehow. For everyone's sake.
In general, I had a rule that this space was for personal opinions/thoughts and that I would not be making political (or not) statements, etc etc. But this time, I cannot help myself. Right-wing nut-jobism is morphing into something more terrible/terrifying. Hoping sanity prevails somehow. For everyone's sake.
No comments:
Post a Comment