Sunday, August 14, 2011

Black Swan

Finally, finally saw this movie.  And uh, what do I say?  Felt incredibly slow moving in the beginning, and a little weird.  Am usually up for something different, even intense in a movie, and I guess at any other time, this might have qualified nicely.  But am in a slightly sensitive frame of mind these days (heh), and somehow this ended up rubbing a raw nerve somewhere.  Have to admit that Natalie Portman has acted incredibly well.  Deserving of the academy award.  The movie itself started reminding me of Jack Nicholson and The Shining about thirty minutes into it....*shudder*.  Yep, not my favourite genre.  In general, I'm not a fan of horror, although pure horror is ridiculous.  Don't believe in ghosts, and other such crap.  However, the psychopath/sociopath is a very real fear for me.  And it can be spine chilling in a well made movie.  Again, *shudder*.

In any case, was a decent watch.  Portman was really very good.  Amazed at the ubiquitous token-mostly-with-negative-undertones roles that Mila Kunis seems to be playing all over the place.  Could be wrong though, because I simply never watch as nearly the number of movies that I used to, and probably should be...

As the movie started getting progressively more disturbing towards the end, all I was glad about was that I wasn't going to bed alone....:-)

No comments: