I knew I had a raging headache even as I slept. I could feel the throbbing pain even as I was desperate and asleep and knew I had to wake up first to even do something about it, like get a drink of water, or some pain medication. It happens to me from time to time, and I absolutely hate it.
What made the bad headache really really worse was the dream that accompanied it. Its been 4 hours since I awoke from that dream, and I still remember it vividly. The dream specifically - I've gone back in time. The scene is that we (my old Cottons gang) are done with school and it is time to apply to get into PUC/11th standard. There are only a few coveted schools/colleges we want to get into, and each of them has a deadline for applications to be submitted. Don't know where that came from, that was not the way it actually worked all those years ago, from what I remembered. Anyway, the exact moment that I recall is that (in the dream), I find out that all my friends have been accepted into the colleges that they wanted, and I have not even started the application submission process, and the deadline is up!!!! What the hell!!????? I exactly recall the stress of this realization in the dream, and how it made me feel - physically, my brain pounded away inside my skull with migraine-like quality. Unbelievable. The scenario was long and drawn out, and seemed to play on endlessly. Me running around helter-skelter among a sea of students milling around different college campuses, discussing this course and that. My friends talking about their applications and the interview process. Me wondering tearfully how they never even told me about what they were doing so that I might have done the same. Me despairing that all the deadlines were up and I had nowhere to go. My future, my life, my everything completely at stake here. Godddd!!!!
Thankfully, Nayan's wake up call jolted me from a really painful state. My head was pounding as I went to pick him up from his room, and for several moments, I felt dizzy and dis-oriented from the pain and the dream itself. And then relief washed all over me, as I realized I was awake. And not in 11th standard, and without a college to go to. :-)
Made me wonder like hell what that was all about, and what kind of dream this was. And what the hell did it mean??? So random......or.....was it? I told P and laughed about it. And P, in all his wisdom, pointed out that it could, just could, have something to do with the other issue in my life that I am currently dealing with. The one that I keep referring to as the issue with the deadline, and how I am building up stress around that. Of course, that is what it must be!!! So funny, actually. Not strange now that I think about it. That's exactly how the stress of the actual issue has manifested itself into this weird dream. Crazy! But totally amazing how the mind works...I feel this could almost be a nice case study on dreams. :-)
What made the bad headache really really worse was the dream that accompanied it. Its been 4 hours since I awoke from that dream, and I still remember it vividly. The dream specifically - I've gone back in time. The scene is that we (my old Cottons gang) are done with school and it is time to apply to get into PUC/11th standard. There are only a few coveted schools/colleges we want to get into, and each of them has a deadline for applications to be submitted. Don't know where that came from, that was not the way it actually worked all those years ago, from what I remembered. Anyway, the exact moment that I recall is that (in the dream), I find out that all my friends have been accepted into the colleges that they wanted, and I have not even started the application submission process, and the deadline is up!!!! What the hell!!????? I exactly recall the stress of this realization in the dream, and how it made me feel - physically, my brain pounded away inside my skull with migraine-like quality. Unbelievable. The scenario was long and drawn out, and seemed to play on endlessly. Me running around helter-skelter among a sea of students milling around different college campuses, discussing this course and that. My friends talking about their applications and the interview process. Me wondering tearfully how they never even told me about what they were doing so that I might have done the same. Me despairing that all the deadlines were up and I had nowhere to go. My future, my life, my everything completely at stake here. Godddd!!!!
Thankfully, Nayan's wake up call jolted me from a really painful state. My head was pounding as I went to pick him up from his room, and for several moments, I felt dizzy and dis-oriented from the pain and the dream itself. And then relief washed all over me, as I realized I was awake. And not in 11th standard, and without a college to go to. :-)
Made me wonder like hell what that was all about, and what kind of dream this was. And what the hell did it mean??? So random......or.....was it? I told P and laughed about it. And P, in all his wisdom, pointed out that it could, just could, have something to do with the other issue in my life that I am currently dealing with. The one that I keep referring to as the issue with the deadline, and how I am building up stress around that. Of course, that is what it must be!!! So funny, actually. Not strange now that I think about it. That's exactly how the stress of the actual issue has manifested itself into this weird dream. Crazy! But totally amazing how the mind works...I feel this could almost be a nice case study on dreams. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment