Tuesday, December 27, 2011

winter-eesh

The freeze is upon us.  We had too much of a good thing going until November.  Silently and surely, winter has crept up on us, and the biting cold is here to stay for a few months.  Ugh.  Been out this past long weekend, and it was freezing on all the trips out.  I'm a little surprised by my reactions this time.  Maybe I just felt spoilt after an amazing fall, or maybe I'm just being wimpy.  You'd think after seven winters in this place, one would kind of get used to it.  Well, eventually, as in a month from now, it will be the norm, so one will be forced to get used to it.  Right now, though, I'm just dying out there.  Don't know why.  For instance, we were at Clemyjontri playground yesterday (the most awesome playground for kids that I've ever seen) and five minutes into it, and I'm shivering.  In spite of being bundled up.  I look at P and N and they seem to be holding up just fine.  P I know is braving it.  I ask him and he says its cold, but he's ok.  I look at N.  Not a single, even small sign of discomfort.  He's too busy playing.  Happily jumping and romping around.  There is something about this kid, I tell you.  I've seen it time and again.  He just does not feel as cold as we do.  We could be freezing our butts off, and he'll be ok, oblivious even to the bone numbing chill.  Has to be something.  Is it because he was born in this place and has known cold winters since he was a tiny, tiny baby?  Has to be something. 

As for me, I better pull my socks up and start sucking it up.  This winter, as I know so well, is here to stay.  Brr.

No comments: