Ten more days and it will be time to bid adieu to this year. Guess it's time to take stock. This has been a huge, huge year for me on many, many levels. Lessons learnt and realizations about myself have topped the list. A few key people have been instrumental in teaching me those lessons and I send heartfelt thanks to them for that.
This year I realized there are people you need to let go of, simply because the only value they add to any dimension of life is the negative kind, so its really just fine to move on without them.
This year, some people taught me that I should become more accepting. That I should learn to let go a little more, have faith a little more. I thank them for that, because I have really embraced that lesson, and it is serving me well so far.
This year I learnt who my really true friends are. And how much they really care. It has also been a year of incredibly joy. Weddings, and welcoming a new family member.
This year I also began to look at a nearly decade long relationship that had previously been stressful, in a new light. Maybe it is the beginning of something. Maybe it is not. I do believe I have learnt to accept differences a little bit better. That to live and do stuff without necessarily having expectations is the way to try to stay ahead of the stress.
This year I opened up my heart and my mind in a way that I could not have imagined. Made me wish I had done it a whole lot sooner. But its time enough for "ifs and buts". I decided to just go with my instinct, and do what felt right. I'm glad I did. I'm not in it with specific expectations. I'm not in it to second guess the future. I just followed my heart.
This year I learnt more about myself than I have in the recent past. I learnt to become more comfortable with who I am, and what I do. This was the year of friends. My really close ones. I identified with them, and became closer to them. I just know it will be this way even when we are all really, really old. These are the people you want with you till the end.
This was the year I made some huge decisions. Ones that I had been struggling with previously. How it is with life that sometimes you have such a small window of time in which you need to make such monumental choices, that will affect your life in a way that cannot be undone. Incredibly small window of time. At some point, you have to take a leap of faith. Fight the fear and take the leap. Trust that your instinct will have been right. And I made that choice. I accept all that will come with it, and I promise myself that this time around, it will all be very very different. Somewhere in there came the realization that I can view this very differently than I have in the past.
This year I grew a little older, a little bolder, a little wiser. This year was a great year. But I now look forward to the new one. With a little hope, a little dread, a little resolve, a little joy - for all that I know it will bring.
This year I realized there are people you need to let go of, simply because the only value they add to any dimension of life is the negative kind, so its really just fine to move on without them.
This year, some people taught me that I should become more accepting. That I should learn to let go a little more, have faith a little more. I thank them for that, because I have really embraced that lesson, and it is serving me well so far.
This year I learnt who my really true friends are. And how much they really care. It has also been a year of incredibly joy. Weddings, and welcoming a new family member.
This year I also began to look at a nearly decade long relationship that had previously been stressful, in a new light. Maybe it is the beginning of something. Maybe it is not. I do believe I have learnt to accept differences a little bit better. That to live and do stuff without necessarily having expectations is the way to try to stay ahead of the stress.
This year I opened up my heart and my mind in a way that I could not have imagined. Made me wish I had done it a whole lot sooner. But its time enough for "ifs and buts". I decided to just go with my instinct, and do what felt right. I'm glad I did. I'm not in it with specific expectations. I'm not in it to second guess the future. I just followed my heart.
This year I learnt more about myself than I have in the recent past. I learnt to become more comfortable with who I am, and what I do. This was the year of friends. My really close ones. I identified with them, and became closer to them. I just know it will be this way even when we are all really, really old. These are the people you want with you till the end.
This was the year I made some huge decisions. Ones that I had been struggling with previously. How it is with life that sometimes you have such a small window of time in which you need to make such monumental choices, that will affect your life in a way that cannot be undone. Incredibly small window of time. At some point, you have to take a leap of faith. Fight the fear and take the leap. Trust that your instinct will have been right. And I made that choice. I accept all that will come with it, and I promise myself that this time around, it will all be very very different. Somewhere in there came the realization that I can view this very differently than I have in the past.
This year I grew a little older, a little bolder, a little wiser. This year was a great year. But I now look forward to the new one. With a little hope, a little dread, a little resolve, a little joy - for all that I know it will bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment