Monday, August 20, 2012

conversations

It's what's keeping me going these days.  Keeping me moving forward, helping me put one foot in front of the other, as I strive for inspiration, and solace.

Conversations.....

...with P, my friend, philosopher, and guide.  Who accepts me and always has, for who I am - with all my shortcomings.  Conversations about life, family, goals, plans, and aspirations.  Conversations about our son, that never, ever fail to amuse, amaze and inspire.

....with Mey, my confidante.  We have our differences, and yet, I have so much to learn from her.  The more you do for us, for me, every day, I am reminded of all the years of sacrifice, so that I may have the best possible.

....with Pa, my pillar.  I can only say that I am blessed to have you.  My role model, in every way.  If I am half the parent to my child that you are and have been to me, I would consider that an achievement.

...with my friends...N,P, I...for being there.  For not judging.  For offering hope, strength and optimism.

...and most of all...with my son...my love, my life.  These days, you are so articulate.  So imaginative, so thoughtful, so full of life, and hope and dreams.  You are a joy.  You are hilarious.  You are precious.  You are my reason for being.

No comments: