And so, today, just like that, my little baby donned his big-boy school back-pack, walked with Dad to the bus stop and climbed the big yellow bus on his first day to Kindergarten. Yes, to the big school. Like a big boy. Looking all excited. So full of anticipation.
And me? I woke up at 3:00 AM and couldn't sleep afterwards. Mental check after mental check of all the things that had to be in place - forms filled, clothes picked out, items for the back-pack, lunch, snacks...
And when the time actually came, and I clicked the last picture before he headed down the street to the bus stop, I fought back sudden tears. There was my baby, a baby no more.
Oh Child...want to hold you and hug you for just a little while longer...even though I know I better get used to this feeling now.
And me? I woke up at 3:00 AM and couldn't sleep afterwards. Mental check after mental check of all the things that had to be in place - forms filled, clothes picked out, items for the back-pack, lunch, snacks...
And when the time actually came, and I clicked the last picture before he headed down the street to the bus stop, I fought back sudden tears. There was my baby, a baby no more.
Oh Child...want to hold you and hug you for just a little while longer...even though I know I better get used to this feeling now.
No comments:
Post a Comment