Friday, January 21, 2011

Blogs galore

I like blogs. I like reading blogs. I obviously like writing in my own blog, though it doesn't end up being as frequent as I'd like.   I still like reading other people's blogs.  Some of them I read regularly.  Others I come across through blogs I read or random surfing when time allows me. It amazes me how many different kinds there are. And the way in which different people write.  Never in the history of humankind has such a variety of expressions been unleashed!  A few minutes and an inclination is all it takes for thoughts to become online print, for creative juices to flow, for opinions to be stated and over-stated, for diatribes to be put forth, for random ramblings to be penned down, for vitreol to be vented....

Some blogs are a pure pleasure to read. Some humorous, some poignant, some touching, some genuine.  Some informative, some inventive, some entertaining.  And equally - some annoying, some unbelievably opinionated, some verbose, some boring.  In the end, its totally the writer's prerogative, so read only if you want.  That's the best part. 

I know of people who have formed blogging communities.  They met through their blogs, and outside that, their lives would not have intersected in any other way.  They go on to become a tight-knit circle of friends offline too!  The power of the internet sometimes is crazy and amazing.

No comments: