Wednesday, January 19, 2011

If Ifs and Buts...

It amazes me sometimes when I do get around to thinking about it - how restless the mind is.  My mind, at least. P wonders why I have to complicate things always.  He's wrong now.  I do not complicate - I guess. I just think, maybe over-think things. Well, he is right in many ways, as he usually is about many things, contrary to what my - ahem, histrionics may lead one to conclude I feel.  But that's a completely separate point.

The point originally was about my restless mind and the way in which I play out and re-play out scenarios, consequences, alternatives, and the what-ifs.  Its just my wiring. I cannot imagine being any other way, and, while, again as P rightly points out, this is the leading cause of a lot of perhaps unnecessary heartburn, I do believe that its what makes me me - the person who over-thinks and over-feels, yes, but the person who always looks out, thinks ahead, plans and makes sure that the engine runs smoothly. The person who makes sure intent meets execution, the one who can be counted upon at the end of the day. Well, anyway..

Sometimes, though, it does seem like it would be simpler to simply abandon the ifs and the buts and just go with the flow, even if for a fleeting while. So that the mind might rest, take a breather and let that really elusive thing called acceptance in for an even briefer fleeting moment....sigh...

2 comments:

Chatter Box said...

:-) You intellect:-p Anyways it is most difficult to always understand how one is wired as you called it. Glad you realized it. I don't think this way or that is a good or bad thing. Finally we all simplify or complicate our lives in some ways. The non-thinkers will realize when flow does not end up well! Amen to your "If's and buts"...But how come we did not think as much on that Pondy Trip I say?

Mystic said...

@meets - thanks very much for the "intellect" compliment. :-)
and the pondy trip was not at all meant for "thinking"
:-D