Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cake!

Am such a fan of cake.  No, seriously I am.  Was enjoying a piece of yummy, fluffy cake at work with good friend C, and we were talking about Food Network, which I'm a big fan of BTW, and baking.  She asked me if I liked to bake, and my simple answer was no.  The more appropriate answer is actually that I don't know how to.  I have never taken the trouble to try baking.  Given that I am more than a decent cook (based on general feedback now) and the fact that I don't at all mind cooking, its interesting to say the least that I don't bake often.  I know a few easy things to make, and I bake them from time to time, but its pretty sporadic at best.  Especially when I love baked stuff, desserts, and such.  And there is SUCH a variety to try.  And most of it is not even that hard, from what I can tell.  By watching FN (hehe).  I love to watch the baking shows.  So C and I were talking about watching baking shows and that how wonderful it would be if soon after watching them bake something, it would actually be delivered to our front door!  And hey, right there, isn't that a swell business idea?  How many impulsive buys would you have?  Tons, I would think. 

Anyway, I'm such a die-hard fan of cake.  Love it.  Pineapple is my all time favorite flavor. Maybe it is time to take up baking as a new hobby.  Why not, indeed?

No comments: